Local Operating License (VISA)



What is it?

It is the first document issued by the local or state brazilian Health Surveillance (VISA), which legalizes the operation of your company's activities that are subjected to the Health Surveillance. After this process, the company must request regularization from ANVISA (National Health Surveillance Agency). 

*VISA is the term used for Local Health Surveillance, usually located in your city and/or municipality.

Who does it apply to?

Every company whose intention is to import, export, manufacture, transport, distribute or store products subject to Health Surveillance, must obtain the Local Operating License.

Stone Okamont works on the elaboration of the Operating License process with VISA. Our consultancy is complete, from the evaluation of the master plan to the correct placement of the CNAE (National Classification of Economic Activities) for the intended activity. 

Request a budget!  

Which products are subject to health surveillance?

Those who influence the health and human well-being. These products are cataloged in the following categories: 


At all stages, Stone Okamont gives a complete support that the company needs by applying all criteria and relating to the nonconformities, implementing the Quality System and training the company's professionals, to receive the Sanitary Inspection. 

At the end of the inspection, the inspectors send their opinions to the Health Surveillance Authority which issues a report that must be attached and forwarded to ANVISA to request the Company Operation Authorization (AFE) process.

In this process it is very important that the company hire a regulatory advisory that expertise in the area, otherwise it will take a long time and the company may have more costs, that’s because even before the product is commercialized, the Company Operating Authorization (AFE) is required for the sale regularization of the product. 

Recurring questions about obtaining the
Operating License

Do I need to obtain the operating license to import a product for my own use?

No! The operating license is only necessary in case of commercialization of the product, however, it is always important to notify the import of the product to local Visa, so the load will not be retained.

Can I start the operating license process as a natural person?

No! To start the operating license process, it is necessary to obtain a CNPJ.

My company is registered as MEI (Individual Microentrepreneur), can I start the Operation License process in this way?

Yes! The fact of being an Individual Microentrepreneur doesn't imply for the process of the Local Operating License, the only important thing to start is to have the CPNJ.

Talk to those who understand the
Operating License

With global experience in the field, Stone Okamont offers advice and consultancy according to the needs of each client. Our services are personalized, so your company and products are always regularized. Contact us by filling out the form below the video and talk to one of our specialists.


Local Operating License (VISA)

See the video

Want to know the ideal path

Request a quote here.

o que procura